Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2011 Infiniti M56x Review – Your personal Learjet for the streets

Pros:
  • Prodigious power
  • Impeccable materials and craftsmanship
  • Game-changing luxury and technology
Cons:
  • Computer-controlled powerplant
  • No V-8 growl, just a exhaust note that sounds manufactured
Infiniti’s new M-series luxury sports sedan has the brains and the brawn to compete with Bavarian and German luxury car manufacturers. Under the spotlight Infiniti has used its M56x as a showcase to illustrate how technology should be put to use in everyday life; abundant and ever-present, but imperceptible and noninvasive. The M56x offers power, luxury, and technology in ways that you didn’t know you needed, but once you experience them, you won’t want to live without them.

Driving Impressions
I’ll jump at the chance to drive anything with big horsepower. In this case, it was a 420 hp luxury sedan. I had envisioned being rewarded with wheel spin upon mashing the gas pedal, yet gritting my teeth under braking and cornering. Upon taking delivery of the test car and seeing its size and heft first-hand, I was sure my initial impression was justified as I thought to myself, “all-aboard the USS X56m!” At about 4,200 pounds, I figured the acceleration would be brisk, but it would drive like a boat. I was so wrong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment