Thursday, January 13, 2011

Best Drive by Audi quattro Concept



"Please, slow down," Henry says calmly as we cut through the curvaceous Pacific Coast Highway. The central screen on the high-definition LCD instrument cluster of the Audi quattro Concept shows 48 kmh, or just over 29 mph.
Is he serious?!
"Okay, sounds good,I think it is a really cool car" I reply.
A quick downshift into second gear and a dab of the touchy 15-inch carbon ceramics turns our slow pace into a near crawl. The wrist slap lasts only seconds, though. A short uphill straight resides ahead, and my urge to go faster can't be ignored.
I was driving with my soul attached to the machine.My right foot lowers to send the 408-horsepower turbocharged inline-five cylinder heart past 4000 rpm, and the mill immediately responds with the deep, offbeat rumble only a healthy straight-five can make. Every sound echoes through the barren carbon-fiber cocoon. With each lull between gear changes comes a delicious WRC-like WHOOOOOSH!!!! from the wastegate. Upshifting shoves us back into the carbon-fiber buckets as torque and speed increase.




0 comments:

Post a Comment